23 June 2010

A Trip to the Wichita Mountains

For Father's Day Stuart decided that he wanted to load up and head to the Wichita Mountains (which are neither in Wichita Falls or Wichita, KS but in nearby Lawton, OK) for the day. I found this rather surprising since recently all he has wanted to do is head to the range when he has any amount of free time. In fact, Stuart had planned on going to the range early Sunday morning but then changed his mind to this more family friendly idea. I liked it.

So off we went.

One of the things we love about the Wichita Mountains is all the open land and of course the free range buffalo and long horn.

We were greeted by the aforementioned as we entered the reserve.
Then we took to the trails.

I hung out with Tucker while Tyson was literally walking on Stuart's heels.
Daddy did some guiding.
Despite the grimaced faces, the boys loved being outdoors.

My boys...1, 2 and 3.

Break time.
And for comparison's sake, here are some pictures from past Wichita Mountain adventures.

March 2003
April 2006
October 2006 (6 months pregnant with Tucker)


I love how wonderful Stuart is with his boys. I could not have asked for a better father and husband. I have been blessed beyond my expectations!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

That looks like a blast! The boys must have been exhausted by the end of the day!

Brooke said...

Fun! We've been looking for somewhere fun to go that's not too far, I'll have to look into that!