31 December 2009
30 December 2009
Uh huh, that's at least a foot of snow in our front yard. And here's the kicker-we still have it on the ground! And it snowed more yesterday! And this town is totally not prepared for winter weather so it 3 days to begin clearing out roads!
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 8:47 AM
28 December 2009
25 December 2009
24 December 2009
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper until the boys are big enough that the "joy" of tearing thru wrapping paper has worn off, then gift bags (hello EASIER).
2. Real tree or artificial? I'm torn. Growing up I always had fake trees and up until last year Stuart and I did too. Last year we bought a real one and it was awesome. Only 3 problems: 1) cleaning up needles, 2) putting the tree out for trash pick-up on the correct day and 3) the purchase of a new tree year after year.
3. When do you put up the tree? I start thinking about it during Thanksgiving. When the tree actually materializes is anyone's guess.
4. When do you take the tree down? Depends on how ready I am to un-Christmas-orize my house.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not particularly.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Since my birthday is 4 days before Christmas I'm having a hard time separating the two but I think my charm bracelet.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Stuart. Hands down.
8. Easiest person to buy for? The boys.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No and I want to steal my sisters.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!!! I LOVE sending out Christmas cards and I LOVE displaying received cards. Plus I take all the pictures and put them on my picture board for the year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm, I honestly can't come up with anything.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas. I could sing to that all day long.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I realize that we have no gifts.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yup.
15. Favorite thing to about Christmas? The season. The lights. The music. The decorations. The giving. The reminder of Jesus.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Staying home is so nice but traveling is a must to see family.
19. Can you name all of Santas' reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Doner, Blitzen, Rudolph. (totally just sang it to get them all)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Depends on what I have-last year it was a bow.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. One present on Christmas eve and all the rest and ones from Santa Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Long lines at stores. (agree with 'ya Aubrey)
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Wow, so many things to choose from. I like the "traditional" and simple themes-all silver, all gold.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Pistachio salad. Mmm.
25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? For the boys to be happy.
26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? Waking up at crack-o-dawn-thirty, passing out gifts, opening presents together, having homemade cinnamon rolls, then curling up on the couch for a long winter's nap. Fantastic.
27. Favorite tradition now? Don't really have any traditions that we have started with the boys. Maybe next year?
28. Favorite Christmas Memory? Staying up late with my cousins on Christmas Eve and telling each other what we got. So fun. :)
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 7:11 AM
20 December 2009
This train is about to leave.
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 8:12 AM
19 December 2009
Today is cleaning day.
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 7:53 AM
16 December 2009
Ahh, the hilariousness!
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 7:59 AM
15 December 2009
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance..." Ecclesiastes 3:1-4
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 9:13 AM
14 December 2009
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 3:35 PM
11 December 2009
Yesterday Stuart officially completed his last fall semester of school.
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 8:56 AM
10 December 2009
- Attempted to get a good cousin group shot
- Opened Christmas presents
- Played, played, played, played, played
- Found out what it's like to to have three kids (April I don't know how you do it!)
- Played with cousin-in-law(ish) Annie
- Tucker pushed Kate
- Kate rode on Tyson
We had a great time and Tucker even woke up this morning asking for Kate. :)
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 8:01 AM
09 December 2009
07 December 2009
Some days I just need a good 'ole dose of reality.
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 8:46 AM
06 December 2009
I think they had fun.
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 8:11 AM
04 December 2009
03 December 2009
FOR THE WIFE
WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT, BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME, AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.
FOR THE HUSBAND
WHO IS ON THE SOFA BEING A COUCH POTATO, BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.
FOR THE TEENAGER
WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES BECAUSE IT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME, NOT ON THE STREETS.
FOR THE TAXES I PAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM EMPLOYED .
FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.
FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.
FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE
FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING,
WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING,
AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME
FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING
I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT
BECAUSE IT MEANS WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
FOR THE PARKING SPOT
I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION
FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM WARM.
FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH WHO SINGS OFF KEY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I CAN HEAR.
FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.
FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES AT THE END OF THE DAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.
FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF
IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.
FOR THE crazy people I work with
BECAUSE they make work interesting and fun!
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 7:00 AM
02 December 2009
Alright ladies, I need some help.
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 7:48 AM