31 May 2012
30 May 2012
Tyson had his awards ceremony for Kindergarten at school today. To say that I sat quietly and smiled would be lying. I was a mess. Just as hard as it was for him to start school, it was hard to say goodbye as well. It just doesn't seem like an entire school year has passed. I mean, really?! And let's not even talk about the fact that in a few short months my baby, baby will be starting school...
And as any dutiful mother would do, I sat, crying, taking pictures.
25 May 2012
24 May 2012
Never heard of it? Neither had I. But while on Pinterest, I noted that lots and lots of the essembles were from Polyvore. So I decided to take a look.
Y'all, Polyvore is a site where you can CREATE your own looks. Holy Montana.
I'm all in now. Although I don't have the best creative style, but who cares. It's so much fun!
And yes, I created this story. Fab!
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 1:52 PM
23 May 2012
I love to read all the "What I Wore Wednesday" posts from The Pleated Poppy but have never had the courage to do one of my own because A) I have no style, B) I only wear "clothes" on Sundays and C) I really don't want to take a picture of myself. So there.
So, I decided to put some of my pinterest boards to use! (Seriously y'all-pinterest?! Amazeballs.) And thus I am making a What I WANT to Wear post. Ingenious.
19 May 2012
I really don't ever do this, these silly games on fb or whatever, but I thought this one was funny.
Your Six Names:
1. Your Real name: Clarissa Doss
2. Your Spy name (favorite color and favorite animal): Red Labrador
3. Your Soap Opera name (middle name and street you live on): Chisholm Chattanooga (say that 10 times fast)
4. Your Star Wars name (first three letters of last name, first two of middle name, first two of
first name, last three of last): Doschcl
5. Superhero name (color of your shirt, first item to your immediate left): White Blanket
6. Goth name (black and one of your pets' names): Black Turbo
I think I like my Star Wars name the best!
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 7:30 AM
18 May 2012
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 9:53 AM
15 May 2012
OK, so I'm addicted to twitter.
One of my favorite hash-tags (who knew this would be terminology nowadays?) is #firstworldpains. I have to admit, at first, I didn't get it. Why is it funny that the battery is low on our phone, so we have to listen to the radio on a radio? Or is it really comical that we're in bed and realize we have to go to the bathroom but getting up would require us to wake up all the way?
Yes, yes it is.
So, in order to not fill up my friends, followers feeds with my nonsense, I decided to add it here.
My First World Pains:
- I'm allergic to oranges, so I can't have mimosas.
- I just shaved my legs and then get a chill and get goosebumps.
- I took the sheets off the bed to wash them and at bedtime realize I haven't put fresh sheets on.
- We started remodeling the bathroom 6 months ago and the light fixture is hanging by wires.
- My husband's beverages are too tall for the fridge shelf, so I have to rearrange everything to make them fit.
First world pains!
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 10:48 AM
13 May 2012
Today I am so thankful and grateful to be a mom. It's not a glamorous job. It has it ups and downs (some days it seems like there are more downs than ups) and definitely is not easy. The blessings that come with being a mom are immeasurable.
So today, I am thankful and joyful and blessed and overwhelmed.
Thankful for this man that helped make me a mother.
Thankful for this boy that officially made me a mom.
Thankful for this boy that completed my motherhood.
Thankful for this dog that I can be a mom to.
Thankful for this mom who taught me all I know.
"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her" Proverbs 31:28
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 5:12 PM
11 May 2012
Somehow written by --> Me and My Boys at 5:19 PM