28 July 2011

Books in the Mail

Yesterday I got a very familiar package at my doorstep. It's no secret that Amazon is my number 2 BFF. And don't even get me started on Free Super Saver Shipping-FABULOUS! Anywho, as I retrieved my awesome brown cardboard, I realized that this package was not for me. This package included some very special things for Tyson.

I quickly called the boys over and told them that I had something special: new books about Kindergarten! The boys were immediately enthralled and we sat right down (in the kitchen in fact) and read all four books.

While we were reading, I would stop and explain certain things about school and how what was happening in the book(s) would also happen to Tyson when he starts school in 24 days (Holy Montana! Twenty Four Days!). Everything was going peachy-keen when Tyson turns to me and says:

"Ya know, I'm gonna have a really good time in Kindergarten but I'm really gonna miss Tucker. I'm probably gonna cry a little because I'll be sad that Tucker isn't at school with me."

That was it.
Done.
I LOST IT.
Tears upon tears upon tears.
What am I going to do in 24 days???

FYI the books we go are:
The Night Before Kindergaren by Natasha Wing
Kindergarten Rocks! by Katie Davis
The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten by Joseph Slate

3 comments:

Jordana Haught said...

This is so sweet! Tyson loves his little brother!

Tina said...

Just lost it also!! And, Tucker is going to miss him!!

Brittany said...

What a sweet big brother!