02 October 2009

Snooze, cont....

So you might remember my lack of affection for the snooze. No? Well, I hate it. I mean, I REALLY hate it. I just don't understand why we need it. If you want to wake up at 6:30 am, set your alarm for that time. If you want to wake up at 6:57 am, then set your alarm for that time. What does the snooze accomplish? A lot of waking up and general fussiness from me.

Unfortunately my husband is quite the snooze user. So this morning I got to have an exclusive:

Me: Hon, (as I kick him) you have GOT to get up.
Snooze abuser: hmph
Me: Hon, seriously. GET UP.
Snooze abuser: (rolling over)
Me: I just don't get this.
Snooze abuser: (taking off his C-Pap) What?
Me: You. I just don't understand why you set your alarm so early.
Snooze abuser: Because I want to have enough time to get up.
Me: See, that's just the problem. The millisecond that alarm starts to go off, I'm up. And I stay that way. Why don't you take extra time in the shower or while your eating breakfast?
Snooze abuser: Sounds like a personal problem.
Me: No, no, no. You so don't get to turn this around on me.
Snooze abuser: What?? (as he's trying to grab up my shirt)
Me: Oh my gracious are you kidding me?
Snooze abuser: What??

As you can see there is no getting thru to the snooze abuser. Do you think we can have an intervention for this?