24 November 2009

Rough

So I'm sick. Again.

I know what you're thinking. "Clarissa, get.over.it." I wish I could. Really. I could quite possibly have the worst sinuses in the entire world. At least that's what my mom told me. And mothers are always right. (I can say that now that I'm a mother. Not so much pre kids.)

This whole mess started on Friday. Scratch that, I think it started Wednesday night when my co-worker was coughing so badly at work that she started vomiting and then had to go home. I think I might have gotten some of her germs. Anywho, I actually started feeling a little bit of a tickle in my throat on Friday while we were taking pictures (more on that later). I tossed it up to the fact that I had only slept for 3 hours and our weather has finally taken a turn south.

Saturday morning I woke with a pounding sinus headache but threw back some Allegra, did my sinus prep/drowning and carried myself off to work. Let me just take a moment to state that I am a complete moron for picking up two shifts this week. Not only did we have 3 codes in the first three hours of my shift, I had to register all three of them and two of them did not make it. Not much better.

Sunday I knew I was sick but had to work again and so I did the above and dragged my now throbbing head, running nose, hacking cough self out the door. The work day wasn't much better but at least I didn't have any codes (there was a crazy wreck that was rolling in as I was clocking out though). I made it home in time to fall un-soundly asleep on the couch since I could no longer breath thru my nose.

Yesterday I knew something had to be done. Not only was I about to pass out, but I was supposed to work again Monday night and there was no way that I was going to be able to handle that. So I bit the bullet and took myself to the doctor. A chest x-ray, breathing treatment, 4 presciptions and work release later I was diagnosed with bronchitis, and inner ear infection (x 2) and an outer ear infection in the left ear. I laughed when the nurse asked me if I had been around sick people recently. "Um yes, I work in the ER." Ha! And by laugh I mean this croupy, wheeze of a sound that escaped my mouth by sheer force since I also have no voice.

Hooray!

To make matters absolutely awesome the boys are also under the weather. Luckily they don't seem to have anything other allergies but still there is nothing worse than sick kids. If I could just blow my nose for them the world would be so.much.better.

Shout Outs:
Excused absences-that's right. I am only shouting out to one item. But man is it so worth it.

0 comments: