08 July 2009

Band-Aid

A month or two ago, I was going to the bathroom when in walks Tyson. Now that he's getting older we are trying to turn up the privacy knob but when Stuart is gone it is really hard, plus we don't have locks on any of our doors and most of the handles don't really work. Anywho, so in walks Tyson. It just so happened that I also had my little friend in town-you know, that time of the month (TMI?).

Tyson: "Mommy, what's THAT??"
Me: "Ummm..nothing buddy, don't worry about it."
Tyson: "But mommy, why do you have that?"
Me: "Uh, well, hmm"

I have absolutely NO DESIRE to explain the birds and the bees to my three year old son let alone the menstruation cycle of females. I mean, isn't that what daddy's are for? I fully expect Stuart to sit down and explain everything to Tyson when he's 40 years old. That way when he's 25 and sitting on the couch at his psychiatrist's office he can honestly bawl that his parents never told him anything and he doesn't understand why women act this way. Just a thought.

So I'm sitting there totally stunned, having no clue what to say when in walks Tucker. Geez, can a mom get 2 minutes of uninterrupted bathroom time? All right, I need to redirect this conversation quick.

Me: "Mommy just got an owie and this is a special mommy band-aid."
Tyson: "OK. I hope your owie feels better mommy. I'm so sorry."
Me: "Thanks booger."

Phew, awkward conversation averted! I honestly didn't think anymore of that almost-turned-horrible bathroom chat until yesterday. We were getting dressed to go outside when I stepped on a car for the billionth time. I'm sure I slightly screamed ouch. Next thing I know Tyson is running towards me with a maxi pad in his hand.

Tyson: "Here mommy. I got you your mommy band-aid."
Me: "Thanks buddy."

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That is HYSTERICAL!!! Hooray for boys!

Brianna Kay said...

Soooo FUNNY - your little men are the best!

Brittany said...

Oh, man. How I hope that day doesn't come soon for me!

Jennifer W said...

All I can say is hahahahahahah! I laughed out loud when I read this, and I was in the middle of a table of people talking about losing all stuff to Hurricane Ike. Oh well, you're funny.

Misty said...

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Period. I can see Tyson bringing you the band-aid also with a sweet little look on his face. Thanks for laugh! LOL