30 July 2009

Thursday

worked 14 hours last night
had my first (and second) code blue
had my first death
had a really bitchy nurse that completely degraded me in front of a patient
had my first helicopter transport
still haven't done a trauma
had a coworker treat me like an imbecile
she just so happens to be my new partner
got to register the new sports anchor for channel 6
he was kinda cute
had to deal with a stupid drunk guy
turned out he was pretty nice sober
have worked 34 hours in the past 3 nights
i know, it's only 11.33 hours per night but still
am very tired
miss seeing these blurry faces

5 comments:

Jennifer W said...

I feel you, friend. I am so happy to have a partner to commisserate with now. However, I have had no codes, no bitchy nurses, no chopper transports, no famous people and no deaths (yet). Thank God. But I miss my faces every night too. We'll both get through it, and be better people, better women, better moms because of it. I like to hold tight to the fact that I am providing for my family and setting an example for my daughter that I hope one day she will be proud of. You're doing a great job Clarissa, and I am SO proud of you.

Misty said...

I'm sorry, Clarissa - that sucks. I hate nights like that. Hope next week is better!

Misty said...

Oh, btw, it DOES get better!

Raena said...

you need me to beat up some people for ya? how can anyone be mean to YOU?!

Aubrey said...

You are a trooper. I work those hours, but not over night. I hope you are able to get some sleep too.