16 June 2010

Another toy


I got a {nother} new phone Monday. Yes, another one. And again, this one was not my doing. (But really is technology ever my doing?) I do have to blame this new phone entirely on my sister's brother-in-law EG. While we were at Kate's birthday party, EG busted out his new phone and Stuart practically tripped over himself trying to get ahold of it. It really is sad that way this man drools over electronics. Then again, the same could be said for me and purses. Anywho, so EG is all excited and Stuart is all bananas over the greatness of this phone and all I heard about on the way home was about the awesome powers of this phone.

Thursday, Stuart comes home from class beyond giddy. You know how little boys get when they want to tell you something that is so out of this world and they just can't get the words out of their mouths fast enough and then it all just ends up falling out and turning into something completely different than they meant it to but they are still just so stinking happy about their news that they don't understand why you are looking at them like they just spoke Martian? Yeah, that was Stuart.

After all the word misplacement was corrected, I found out that Stuart's dad wanted to leave AT&T and was interested in starting a family plan with us. Hmm. Interesting. Now, we already had a kicker plan with Sprint. Not-to-mention that we've been with Sprint for over 10 years (Stu and I both were with them before we got married).

Immediately Stuart jumped into "researching" mode. {If only he put that much energy into school} He was waist deep in plan and phone details when his entire face lit up like a Christmas tree and proclaimed, "WE GET TO GET NEW PHONES!"

Now you can understand my eye rolling. We didn't need new phones. Shoot, both of ours are less then 6 months old. But these new phones were no ordinary talking devices. Nope. They were extraordinary.

After a few tense and panic stricken hours with Sprint, it was all done.

May I introduce you to my new addiction:
It's 4G (even though Wichita Falls doesn't have 4G yet). It has an HDMI out (something Stuart is batty about). It has a 4.3 inch screen.
I'm in love.

So while it took me awhile to get over the technology shock, I am a full fledged member of the my-phone-is-my-life club.

Have I mentioned, I'm in love?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

My little prepaid cell phone from Walmart is now suffering from severe lack of self esteem! But awesome for you...I don't understand technology and that phone scares me a little :)!

Me and My Boys said...

Aww, Andrea! Give your phone a hig for me. I was so confused when I first got this phone but it literally is soooo easy to use. And can I just say that Stu and I are total dorks sitting on the couch playing with our phones.