02 June 2010

Sleep?

It's a little past five am and I have been awake since 4. Yup. 4 am. And this time it's not even my kids that I can blame. This working nights thing it completely wrecking what little sanity and scheduling I have. The kicker-I have to work tonight and Stuart has school from 8 am till 3 pm so sleeping this afternoon is limited.


On a separate note, Scout is sick. Yucky sick. I think I'm going to have to call the vet's office when they open this morning. When Stuart left on Friday with the boys, the dogs were noticeably sad. This is not uncommon. They both have a bit of separation anxiety (Scout more so than Turbo) and I knew that they were going to be a little down. Since I stayed here and worked I really didn't think anything of it until Saturday when I was leaving for work and realized that neither dog had eaten since Thursday night. I chalked it up to missing Stu and went on to work. Sunday morning when I came home, still no eating (I even gave them some treats to try and entice them but no dice). By the time Stuart got home Monday night I thought the dogs would be ready to chew their legs off but the only one that ate was Turbo (both bowls to be exact). Tuesday morning I awoke to a rather foul smell and found a trail of loose stool in the living room. Since it happened overnight, I didn't know which dog had done it so begrudgingly cleaned it all up and vowed to NEVER clean up poop off the floor again (whether it be dog or human, thanks to Tucker). After returning from the barber shop a few hours later, I noted a very familiar and vomit inducing smell coming from our bedroom. Sure enough, we now had bloody diarrhea AND vomit (good thing we are getting new carpet soon). Too bad I left both dogs out in our room instead of locking Scout in her kennel so we still didn't know who was having the GI issues. Not 30 minutes later we heard the tell-tale gaging and barely got Scout out the door to be sick outside. At least now we knew who the sick dog was. We cut off her water intake (she still hasn't eaten since Thursday night) and she still managed to vomit twice last night while in her kennel (I wasn't about to let her sleep unattended). So, yeah, I think a visit to Dr. Spears is in order.

And on the the potty training front-we are still "training." Apparently Tucker decided to throw his brain out the window on the way to San Antonio this weekend. He peeped and pooped when and where he wanted and my mom did at least two loads of laundry just so he would have clothes to wear since he keep messing up the ones he had on. I thought when Tucker got home he would "remember" what it was like to potty like a big boy, but he's still trying to remember. He only had two accidents yesterday but one of them involved pooping in his underwear so I quickly informed Stuart that I was DONE with poop.

For good news, Stuart has an interview this afternoon with Wells Fargo Advisers. His first face-to-face interview. Ahhh!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Yuck and Yuck, hope your puppy is well and your little one remembers that the potty is our friend.