30 June 2010

My worst nightmare come true

I think I may have expressed my deep and ever growing hatred for all things creepy, crawly. I mean, just writing about them makes me get all wiggly and I start thinking I have bugs crawling up my leg or on my head and I just want to spray myself with a big bottle of Raid to kill them all and set a massive Raid bomb off so as to never, ever have anymore. We're talking I won't even kill a minute thing because I am that petrified of going near enough to them to smash them into oblivion. {Funny side story, my MIL Jennifer once called 911 because no one was home and there was some kind of bug/pest/animal in her house that she couldn't/wouldn't kill. Awesome}


I am particularly scared of snakes and bees and wasps and big spiders and cockroaches and mice and lizards and geckos and June bugs and mosquito hawks. Just to name a few.

Being that we live in Texas, we get to see a lot of these horrid creatures; especially during the summer. More so, since we live in a really old house, these vile beasts make appearances inside the house more often then a house that was built after 1930.

Last night Stuart and I were getting ready to go to bed. {Another side note, yesterday was quite possibly one of the hardest days EVER because of the extreme close quarters and the lack of a nap due to the amount of noise radiating from the living room} I went into the bathroom first. I turned on the closet light and then walked into the bathroom and turned on the bathroom light. I turned to sit down and use the restroom when I glanced up at the sink.

Oh
My
GRACIOUS!

There,
on my TOOTHBRUSH
was
the
BIGGEST,
most gigantic,
poo eating,
COCKROACH.
ON
MY
TOOTHBRUSH!

I screamed.
And shut my eyes.
And screamed some more.

Stuart came running in the bathroom sure that I was being attacked by some malicious opossum and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the creature that has overtaken MY TOOTHBRUSH.

His first reaction?
He grabbed a magazine from the toilet lid and WHACK!

Now, here's where things get bad. Really bad.
That cockroach?
It went flying.
Right
At
Me.

Did I mention that I am pool-up-on-the-floor-screaming-like-a-baby-want-to-pee-in-my-pants scared of cockroaches?

Yeah.

So this hard shelled menace goes flying and I literally shriek and Stuart has to grab me to hold me up and then carry me out of the room because I am just that mortified.

It took another 5 minutes of him rubbing my back and three trips into the bathroom to make sure nothing else was hiding for me to calm down.

And then I had nightmares all night that cockroaches were crawling into my ears or on my legs or in the sink and no matter how many times I woke up and realized that I was dreaming, I just couldn't shake the horrible, awful image of that animal flying at me from MY TOOTHBRUSH.



4 comments:

Andrea said...

THAT IS HORRIFYING!!!!!

Jennifer W said...

OMG this sounds terrifying. The ER is over run with crickets right now, they come barreling in through the ambulance doors every time they open. That combined with the GIGANTIC EGG SACK CARRYING FEMALE COCKROACH that crawled across the floor last week and I am on pins and needles walking around that place. I feel for you!!!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness!! That is horrible!!! I would have been freaking out too! Glad your hubby was willing to comfort you, not laugh at you.

Amy said...

Clarissa, I share your fear (with the roaches at least). PETRIFIED does not begin to describe how I react. In the span of a week, one crawled across the sink as I was doing dishes, crawled across my path as I was getting into the van and worst, a dead one was brought to me by my then one year old. OH. MY. GOD. I managed to hold it together so she didn't see me scream but as soon as she left the room, I FREAKED and then called an exterminator. Yuck.