18 August 2009

I had a dream

I mean, I have many dreams. I pretty much dream every night or day depending on when I am sleeping. And I remember my dreams. We're talking crazy, accurate details. I honest to goodness remember a dream that I had when I was little that involved my sister not being thrown into a den of wolves because she ran out from under my mom's dress to reach the Barbie that was stuck in the giant spider web. I guess you could call it more of a nightmare but none-the-less I remember it. This is a big reason as to why I can't and won't watch horror movies (or their commercials for that matter)-I have these horrid dreams that I wake up in a cold sweat from and then can't go back to sleep because I start thinking about all the terrible things that could happen to my kids and husband and then I'm drowning in a sea of badliness and all I want to do is think about the things that I need to get done the next day so that I can focus on the positive. Yeah, it's that bad.

Ahem.

So this dream. I had it yesterday, during the day, since I had to work tonight (or last night if you want to be technical but since my shift encompasses two literal days...I'm not really sure where I was going with that thought but I was asleep Monday afternoon. Better?) and I had this bizarre dream that I feel inclined to share with you, my adoring readers.

Stuart and I are in Virginia and we're staying with the doctors from the show "Deliver Me." Just the brunette and the blonde doctors. I'm not sure why they are in VA, but that's where we were. And they are in this giant, Victorian style house. For some reason we decided to sleep in different rooms since the boys were in different rooms and each of the boys were on a different floor.

Sometime during the night I am approached by a man who wants for us to get involved in his business. I am not scared of this man, and I think he might also be from another reality show that we watch but I can't put my finger on it. So the this business is drug trafficking. And we say yes.

After agreeing to this insane proposition, I go back to sleep. Because, you know, that's all I really want to do these days.

Sometime later, the house gets broken into. The theifs want to take all the drug paraphernalia that we are "hiding" but they can't find any since we have magically appeared in a new house. But somehow the boys did not go with us to this new house. And I am frantic to find them.

Turns out Tyson has become a doctor and is in the hospital trying to hold down a kid (who happens to be Tucker) so that he can give him a shot in order to pull off the sippie cup lid that is stuck on his tongue (an event that actually happened last week in the ER).

I wake up from this and all I can think about is why Stuart didn't notice that Tucker had the sippie cup stuck on his tongue and why in the world did he not call me to let me know what happened. I actually got up to go in the living room and make sure all was right in the world-while-mom-was-sleeping.

And it was.

Except for the fact that the outside truck (Power Wheels, huge, massive, both boys can sit inside and drive it around the backyard truck) was inside my living room.

Sha-weet.

2 comments:

Raena said...

Oh my Lord! I thought i was the only one with crazy dream. Seriously, we need to sit down and share stories sometime. I have been so pissed off at Michael for an entire day because of what hid did in a dream...not joking. Obviously, he didn't really do it, but it seemed so real to me.

Brooks Family said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe the powerwheels was in your HOUSE!!! hahahahahaha, at that point I would have still thought I was dreaming.