13 August 2009

I was not prepared

A couple days ago I was taking my bi-daily trip to Walmart with the boys. My list included toilet paper, diapers, bread, milk, cereal and corn dogs. Of course I can never walk out of the store with exactly what's on my list so the boys and I were in the middle of the baked goods aisle (I wanted brownies) when Tyson started playing yet another of his million questions games. This particular game centered on who is whom's mother.

Tyson: Mommy, you're MY mommy.
Me: Mhmm.
Tyson: And you're Tucker's mommy.
Me: Yup.
Tyson: And Kate is Aunt George's mommy.
Me: Almost-Aunt Marci is Kate's mommy.
Tyson: And Mimi is a mommy.
Me: She's mommy's mommy.
Tyson: And Aunt Sarah is daddy's mommy.
Me: No. Aunt Sarah is daddy's sister. Nana is daddy's mommy.
Tyson: That's right! Good job mommy. Where is Nana?
Me: Well, she's in heaven right now.
Tyson: In heaven....with God? And Jesus?
Me: Yes. And she's eating chocolate cake!
Tyson: Is Nana going to come to my house?
Me: Well buddy she can't come to your house because she's in heaven.
Tyson: I really want her to come to my house.
Me: Me too, me too.

2 comments:

Misty said...

*sniff, blinking quickly* I miss her so much.

Jennifer W said...

:( So sorry friend. I'm not ready for those conversations about my Dad. I think it might break my heart to hear her asking why he's not here, or worse, if she doesn't care.