08 July 2010

A little bit 'o me

I think I might have mentioned before that I am a bit obsessive and somewhat compulsive. Just a tad. I mean who doesn't like to have their clothes in rainbow color order according to style and who doesn't relish in seeing all their DVDs alphabetized and fawn over their books in order by author's last name and then publication date? I know that I am not the only one who eats Skittles in order from least to most favorite flavor after making a graph so that those colors that are in most abundance can be consumed first.

I did not know though that I was secretly passing some of my idiosyncrasies on to my innocent children.

Take for example that when the boys eat, their utensils have to match the color of the plate on which their food is presented to them.

Or that Tyson always picks out a blue shirt to wear with blue shorts.

Or that the boys sometimes make a scene when their food touches.

I mean, those things are all {normal}.

So last weekend when the weather man predicted rain all weekend and we were all piled on top of each other because we got out floors refinished, I busted out some arts and crafts. Some creativity was in order and the boys and I were all set to go with stickers and foam pads and trash and poly fumes.

I was not however prepared for the color blocking in which Tyson presented to me:


I guess he has a little bit of me after all.

0 comments: