26 July 2010

Monday Morning

Let me just make this clear: I am soooo thankful for my job. It came just at the right time and it fit almost all of the criteria. Namely that it offered benefits (since the boys and I were insurance-less 6 months post getting out of the Air Force) and it allowed the boys to stay home and not be put in daycare (where most to all of my paycheck would go if we had to go down that avenue){let me also just say that I don't have a major complaint against daycare; Stuart and I feel strongly that we be able to keep our children in our house and be able to control what they are learning BUT if we would have had to put the boys in some sort of daycare/homecare we would have, had we needed to AND we didn't}.


BUT working nights is really taking it's toll on my already frayed and nerves. Let's not even begin on the whole sleep scenario...

So, on Monday mornings, after I have worked all weekend, I come home and, for lack of a better word, de-clutter. Let me also take this time to inform you that Stuart is a stellar husband. He works very hard to keep the boys active and outside on the weekends that I work so that I can sleep during the day and make transitioning from day to night easier. However, he is not me. While he does do the dishes, they might still be stacked in the sink and the dishwasher may still have the clean dishes from Friday night in it. And while the boys have clothes on during the day, they usually end up on the floor a night and stay there all weekend long. When daddy's in charge, he doesn't care about picking up all the toys all the time.

He is not me.
But I couldn't love him more for it.

On Monday mornings, I survey the damage of my working weekend and start putting the pieces back together. Sort of like my Sunday night rituals but on a Monday morning and without the toe nail painting.
  • All the dirty clothes are picked up off the floor and amassed in the correct laundry baskets
  • Laundry is sorted to begin washing
  • A load of laundry is started
  • Beds are stripped and linens added to the now mountain-pile of laundry
  • Clean dishes are unloaded and put away
  • Dirty dished are loaded and usually the dishwasher is started
  • Errant shoes are found and paired
  • Toys are discovered under the couches/chairs/beds and retrieved
  • Legos are compiled into the Lego bin
  • Tools are banished to the tool bin
  • Kitchen items are gathered and lumped into the kitchen bin
  • All other toys are thrown into the toy bin (at this point I don't care)
  • The miscellaneous bowl is emptied and sorted
  • I blog
Pretty much in that order.

0 comments: