18 July 2010

While I wasn't sleeping

It seems like the last week has gone by in a whir. So many little things have happened that I'm having a hard time keeping up with the big things like laundry and cleaning and grocery shopping. But who really needs clean clothes and food to eat?

So...a week ago Friday, before I went to work Stuart finally convinced me to let him bunk the boy's beds. He has been hounding me to do this for awhile and I have been insistent that we not because a) it's dangerous, b) I have these horrible visions of one of them jumping off the top bunk with a leash or jump rope or some other "string" device and thus chocking themselves, and c) have you met Tucker? With all the furniture rearrangement for our floor renovation, Stuart took it upon himself to paint the boys' bedrooms. While this task did need to be done, I didn't feel that it needed to be accomplished on the heels of the floor chaos. Again, he trumped my opinion. With all the paint fumes lingering, Stuart busted out with bunking of the beds question. Being too high to think otherwise I agreed.

{painting Tyson's old room, now playroom}

{bunk beds}
{wall 'o Coast Guard}


You might remember that the boys shared a room when we first moved into our house and after going to Dallas for the birth of my precious niece, I returned to two separate bedrooms. I was all too happy to have the boys split if nothing else than to spare the hair-pulling and screaming and utter meltdown that occurred everyday precisely at 1 pm. Otherwise know as "nap time."

Since moving the boys back into the same room, we've drifted back to that all to familiar: hair-pulling and screaming and utter meltdowns. This time around it's not so much about just playing and laughing with each other as it is about the top bunk. So we've ended up with a lot of this around 3 pm.

At least the boys got a playroom out of this ordeal and a new rule has been formed: no toys in the bedroom.



This makes for a happier momma and a somewhat easier bed time routine.

0 comments: