18 May 2009

Divide and Conquer

I need to take care of some blog-cleaning: JW if you don't post something soon, I might just have to come to San Antonio and steal Hobo and your Guitar Hero. Serious times call for serious measures. Oh wait! I AM coming to San Antonio this weekend. You have been warned.

The pictures of that sweet little girl were of my niece. I do not have a daughter. I only have boys. Two of them to be exact. Two kids. Both boys. That's all. I do though have 3 nieces and 1 nephew, in case you were wondering.

Alright, so have I mentioned that Stuart split the boys into two rooms while I was gone? On his own accord? And then took the door off of our room to put on the playroom? I mean Tyson's room.
Well he did. All by himself. Several things come into play here: pros and cons.

Pros:

  • the boys have their own space now. This is particularly important to Tyson. As he's getting bigger, we've noticed that sometimes he just needs some quiet time alone without his ever growing, tag along, body slamming, toy stealing, red-headed brother. Tucker also has his own place in which to jump, slide, and slam his body into the walls. We really need to look into padded walls.
  • sleeping times have been so much better. Without each other to antagonize, the boys actually go to sleep without 2 hours of me bursting thru the doors and threatening to pull my hair out the next time one of them sneezes.
  • um, that's all I have right now....
Cons:
  • the boys have their own space now. This means DOUBLE the amount of mess. I didn't think that this was possible but now that there are two rooms to play in, there is two times the amount of stuff trailed between the doors.
  • sleeping is different. When one brother wakes up first, it doesn't take long for that brother to go into the other brother's room and wake him up as well. Brothers!
  • we only have one dresser right now. Since there are now two bedrooms, there should be two dressers. Stuart does not see the flaw in only one dresser. Apparently he hasn't been married to me long enough.
  • this has totally thrown a kink in my Sunday Night Ritual. I can no longer clean the playroom once the boys have gone to sleep since there is no longer a play room. Last night we had to go thru all the toys, with the boys help, before bed. I am not saying that I don't want the boys to learn the value of cleaning up. It's just that THAT clean up time was MINE.
  • we no longer have a door into our bedroom. Let me expound on this: our house is old. Really, really old. It was built in 1920. It has no doorbell because the original owners had a butler. Yeah, that old. We are only the third owners of this house. As you can imagine, things are a bit different in my house compared to modern days homes. The paneling is real wood, the A/C is under the house, we have a firewood storage next to the fireplace that resembles a coffin, all the electrical outlets were two prong, a washing machine hook-up was added sometime in 1960, converting a closet into a laundry closet, the main bathroom has no shower head, and last but not least, all the doors are custom made and therefore are all different sizes. Yup, every single one is different. This wouldn't be such a big deal had the previous owner not taken every single door down and thrown them out with the trash. Yeah, she was missing a couple of screws. So to make the playroom into Tyson's room, Stuart stole our bedroom door and maneuvered it into the frame in Tyson's room. Here's the kicker-it doesn't fit. Duh! Now, not only do I not have a door but Tyson's door doesn't close or open all the way and we still are going to have to pay way too much money to have a custom door made. Thank you Mrs. Whitaker for taking all the doors down while your husband was on a business trip and throwing them away.
So now I have to update my Sunday Night Ritual by adding Divide and Conquer. This may take just a little getting used to. And just to calm your nerves, my toenails are painted. And the dogs got a bath.

2 comments:

Jennifer W said...

I swear on the life of my first born child I WILL POST TODAY. Really.

What was Stuart thinking???? I would have killed him.

Oh - YOU'RE COMING TO SAN ANTONIO!!!!! You better make time for me and a really cute little girl.

Me and My Boys said...

I'm holding you to it.
Yes we are coming this weekend! We'll get in Friday night and leave Monday or Tuesday. We will have to get together!