24 May 2009

No Good, Very Bad...Yeah

We are in San Antonio. This is good because the boys get to see Mimi and Peepaw and be spoiled to the utmost extent. This is bad because Tuesday marks the year anniversary of Jennifer's (my MIL) death. Oh, and we brought the rain with us to San Antonio. Good for San Antonio. Bad for Doss boys and their outside play.

So this morning started off with a bang. As in bang!, it's 6:45 am and your children are awake and you didn't go to bed till after 1:30 am since you had one of the worst nights ever and therefore spent most of the night crying instead of sleeping. Yeah, I was really ready to get up this morning.

After feeding the boys breakfast (and waiting till 7:45 am), I decided to go upstairs and wake up Stuart so that he could watch the boys so that I could take a shower and be out of everyone's way and make getting ready for church that much easier. Apparently waking up my dear husband was not on his agenda. I lovingly allowed the boys to jump into bed and inform daddy to "wake up!!" Aren't I nice?

Upon leaving the shower, I was greeted by a half sleeping husband still in bed and my children destroying the bedroom. Are you kidding me? I think there may have been some choice words for my honey as to why he was still sleeping and not with the children downstairs. He might have given me one of those looks and he rolled out of bed and gathered our offspring.

We arrived at church 20 minutes early. This is good. It normally takes a bit of time to get the boys checked into their classes and now there's a new computer check-in system to add to the mess. Once inside, we are greeted by the oldest children's worker ever, who doesn't know how to use the computer to check us in. Great. I may have rolled my eyes a couple of dozen times and I might have reminded the kind, unhelpful woman that we were in fact visitors but not for the 1st time, we had filled out paperwork for the boys on several previous occasions and no we didn't live in San Antonio. 12 minutes later (and yes I did check my watch) we were finally walking Tyson to his room. 1 down. As we walk up to Tucker's door, he immediately starts pulling my hand back and saying, "don wan it, don wan it." Come on, please? "No, no, no!" "They have play-doh Tuck!" "No, no, no mommy! Don wan it!" So we decide to un-register Tucker and take him to service with us. It's now 3 till 10:00 am.

Wouldn't you know, the auditorium is full! Hooray!

As we walk out the doors, Stuart decides that we should just go pick up Tyson and go back home. Fine, whatever. It's not like my former boss was preaching or anything.

So we make our way back thru the church and down the Tyson's room. When we get to the door, we watch Tyson playing so sweetly and ask if maybe Tucker could just go in the room with Tyson since that's what they are used to at our church. Sure! Alright, re-check-in Tucker, usher him into Tyson's room and make our way back upstairs.

Auditorium's full. Overflow room #1's full. Overflow room #2's full. But we can watch the sermon from the coffee area! Ah, no thank you. So...back to get the boys and check-out. It's now 10:20 am.

In the next hour, I take the boys outside to the playground where Tucker flips off the swing and lands on his head, break my shoe walking out to the van and have an entire carton of milk dropped on the floor while trying to get Tyson to summon the courage to use a public bathroom.

Did I mention that it has rained everyday since we got here?

1 comments:

Brianna Kay said...

oh my! . . . that's really all I can say (as Anne of Green Gables said,"Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it yet.")