06 June 2009

Bittersweet

Alright people, I know you have been anxious waiting for this announcement:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
wait for it
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I got a job!

Just a few catches. (You knew there had to be some, right? Right? I mean there are jobs out there or people who don't have a degree but could give you a dissertation on changing poopy diapers, mixing formula, which cereal is better due to volume of marshmallows and how many hours of Handy Manny are in fact dangerous to your health, right?) This is not a full time time position. In fact after my 5 hour orientation I was pleasantly informed that "associates" usually receive 6 hours per week.

I'm sorry. I thought you just said s-i-x. I must have been thinking of today's date. So sorry about that. Oh, right 6 hours. Per.week.

Well that's really not going to help with the unemployment status that our family has now earned. So I'm still looking. But at least I have a jobby-job. A whopping 24 hours per month, plus the 5 from today. This might take awhile kids.

There are also no benefits. Well not in the you-will-now-have-insurance-so-that-if-you-break-your-back-the-bill-won't-be-$50,000 sort of way. I will have a company discount. Which my 6 hours per week paycheck will apparently pay the difference of.

{Sigh}

I thought this was supposed to get easier as I got older. Not so much.

5 comments:

Raena said...

bluh! that sucks. i'm going to ask my mom for some advice/options for you. michael posted his resume to monster and got 10 calls in one week! i will get back to you.

Me and My Boys said...

Thank 'ya ma'am!

Jennifer W said...

Boo! I have had a lot of crappy jobs in my life so I feel for you. Hmm, if I come up with any ideas I will let you know. But hey - now you have current work experience to put on that resume for the next great job! I have a pretty good resume if you want me to forward it to you for and copy the format.

Brittany said...

A six hour a week job is still a job- congrats!

Aubrey said...

I'll keep praying. God will provide. What is Stuart going to do now?