25 June 2009

Honestly

I have been bestowed a gift. A gift unlike any other. Ta-da!
And with this I am privileged to advise you on 10 honest things about me. Like I haven't already explained to you the complexity that is known as me. So without further adieu, here are 10 note-worthy, honest-to-goodness things that you might not have known about yours truly:

  1. I grew up in Fortaleza, Brazil. My parents were missionaries there for 5 years. So along with Portuguese being my first language, my first memories of childhood belong to a country of Carnival, beans and rice, and frogs that used to jump out at me from our indoor garden.
  2. I am somewhat of a Jew when it comes to money. Stereotyping I know, but seriously, I am. Not only do I obsess about money to the point of making fancy, shmancy spreadsheets, I balance the checkbook every day, double checking it against what USAA.com says, I make spreadsheets about where our money is to go and check that against our "Bills" spreadsheet, I have an unhealthy relationship with coins to the point of rolling them and paying for a $10 purchase in all pennies (the clerks, the love me), I get giddy if I can pay for anything in exact change and I verbally assault my husband when he nonchalantly throws pennies away.
  3. I love to coordinate things. Smallest to largest, color order (white, pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, grey and black), alphabetically ascending, rotation (used last to used recently); these all add order to my world. And if I walk into a space that doesn't have this type of order, I mentally process how I can remedy the problems.
  4. I'm a bit of a control freak. I think you get the point.
  5. I used to shave my eyebrows instead of plucking them because it was less painful. I know, I know. Where was my mother at this time? Now, don't get all freaked out. I didn't shave my eyebrows off, I just shaved in between my eyebrows.
  6. My "pointer" toes are longer than my big toes. Stuart thinks this is the weirdest phenomenon to which I pleasantly remind him that this trait means I am a genius.
  7. It drives me bonkers when people say "I could care less." By definition this means that you could, in fact care less. It's "I couldn't care less." By definition meaning that you could not, in fact care less.
  8. "Sex and the City" is my not-so-in-the-closet guilty pleasure. And yes, I own the entire series plus the movie.
  9. One of my biggest fears besides all thing dark, reptiles, rodents, bugs that fly, scary movies, and clowns is yogurt. Something about "live cultures" makes my skin crawl. Unsubstantiated, but real none-the-less. I do however encourage my children to eat this dairy product. And they love it.
  10. I can't drink milk. And by can't, I mean won't. *shudder* Yuck.
I am bequeathing this jewel to:
Marci because she's my sister
Jennifer because she's hobolicious
Brooke because she thinks like me
Brittany because her son's actions match those of my children
Amy because I want to hear what she has to say
Aubrey because she's a new mommy
Raena because she needs to blog more
Autumn because she also has two boys
Bri because she was my other half

2 comments:

Brooke said...

My pointer toe is longer than my big toe too. Glad to know there's another genius like me out there!

Brianna Kay said...

So I was thinking maybe I could RENT you for a couple of weeks and you could help me overhaul my not-so-clean-freak life. I am trying to develop just a hint of this quality but it is slow in coming. Maybe if you drive me crazy with organization for a couple of weeks I will absorb enough to be some-what organized . . . what do you think? :-)