09 June 2009

Parking Lots

I think that I have mentioned before that our house is 80 years old. With that said it also needs to be mentioned that we live in an older neighborhood which also means older streets, older houses, older trees, older everything. Most of the houses around us do not have garages (we do) but just carports. For this reason a LOT of people don't actually park under their carports but in front of them so that the carport can be used for storage. I completely understand this as we do not park in our own garage because of the massive, overflowing piles of crap (oh, I mean tools) that Stuart has stored in there.

The thing that really urks me though is my across-the-street neighbor. They're a non-married couple (and I don't really know why you need to know that, it's just a fact) with a blended household of 4 kids total all under the age of 12. (TMI?) So then, why does this family with only 2 licensed drivers need 5 vehicles?? And to add to my ever growing anger management issues, why do they ALWAYS park one of their extra cars in front of MY house? It's infuriating. Go find a parking lot, the street that only has room for 2 vehicles to drive through does not constitute as a permanent surface for your car to be a fixture on, especially when it's in front of my house.

Ahem.

In other news, has anyone else been following the April Rose blog? The blog is down now but I'm interested in what others think. Stuart thinks it's a complete fake and a waste of my time to read and put energy into thinking about it. I guess I'm more optimistic and can't imagine someone lying about their child being sick. And then writing about it for the world to see. I dunno-I can see both sides of the coin. Thoughts?

P.S. Thank you ladies for all your encouraging words about my job and future jobs. It's been so discouraging job hunting right now and oh so scary not knowing what our future holds. I know that I need to leave this all in God's hands and He WILL provide but it's hard and scary and I just want it all to be over with.

Shout Outs:
Side-walk chalk-so much fun! And you clean off very easily.
Oxi-Clean-totally got red jello out of the boys clothes.
Cupcakes-'nuff said.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Luckily, I found a couple of sites where all the links and info about the April Rose spot were in one place. It has links to the pictures of the baby (or doll) she posted to her site, info on how even though she didn't ask for money she was being paid for the # of hits on ads on her site and how her friend Raechel seems to be an innocent bystander.
The links show the website of the real "B" (an artist). I'm just glad the site is down, people figured her out and the drama is over. Lord knows none of us have nor want to take any more time trying to figure out whether this girl is lying about her baby. So sad.

Here are some links: http://littleaprilroseisfake.blogspot.com/
http://gibsontwins.blogspot.com/2009/06/april-rose.html

Brittany said...

If your boys like sidewalk chalk, I saw this idea on one of the toddler crafts sites I use: http://just4funwithsandy.blogspot.com/2009/06/sidewalk-paint.html

Sounds easy and fun!

Raena said...

my neighbor does that sometimes...it makes me want to choke her. :) she lives ALONE and has an empty garage and a driveway that fits 2 cars. interesting.