08 June 2009

KKB One Year Later

**Please pray for my cousins today as baby Luke undergoes heart surgery. I'll give more of an update when I receive one.**

So while I was sitting in my orientation on Saturday learning that I would only be given 6 hours a week to work, my little family was missing Kennedy Kate's first birthday party. So sad! To make it up to her and to allow me to get out of the house, the boys and I drove to Dallas yesterday for a little KKB play date.

The boys were thrilled that Kate can not only talk (babble if you will) but she can walk! They were beyond impressed with her skills. To add to her plethora of abilities, they taught her the delicate art of screaming. Priceless. Every child needs to learn how to scream for no other purpose than making their parent's toes curl. Point accomplished. I'm not so sure if Kate's daddy felt as joyous as the boys did in this accomplishment but boy, was it funny to hear her squeal (she's a girl so we'll say squeal) and then laugh at herself.

My handsome brood also showed their cousin how to climb atop her new "crayground" and sit on it's roof. I do think we have a bit of time before this feet is added to her repertoire, but the seed has been planted. To top off her list of all-things-Doss, Tyson demonstrated his expert urination skills. That's right. Tyson showed his baby girl cousin how to pee on the fence. Marvelous!

Things have changed a bit in a year. Here's what the play date looked like last year:


What a difference a year makes!


We love you baby Cake!

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Well it's a good thing Kate has two big boy cousins to show her the ropes since she doesn't have a big brother. I think Tyson and Tucker will have to show Lyla a thing or two when she's older.

Brittany said...

I saw the blog button for April Rose. Have you been following the blog lately? What do you think?

Brittany said...

I think I must have been married to a cop for too long b/c I am really starting to get skeptical. The extra long pregnancy and the home birth had me confused but I guess what really puzzled me was "D" saying he had seen/read/heard it all in the last two days. When did this guy have the time to read/hear all this stuff if they have been with the baby enjoying every second? Who would want to spend their time reading that kind of stuff about your newborn when you had no idea how long your baby would live? I just don't get it.
I REALLY hope they're legit because I have been following their blog, too (and continue to pray for them). I just hate feeling like there's something fishy. Thanks for listening- I'm done judging others now. Yikes.

Brittany said...

Mike and Stuart should hang out so they could share their conspiracy theories on blogs (wouldn't meeting another bloggers' family negate them being fake, though?)

I think that's hilarious about Matt Logelin. I did see him on Oprah so I'm hoping he's real. I read his blog sometimes but it is so crass sometimes I just can't get into it.

It's so funny how guys totally do not get the blog thing. I could tell the world Mike was gay on our blog and he would have no idea (he's not, btw) because he NEVER reads our blog. I guess he thinks that since he's living it he doesn't need to read about it. Oh well. At least other people read our blogs, huh?

It will be interesting to see how this April Rose thing turns out. I'm just hoping they post a picture or something.