19 June 2009

Hotness Sickness

A plague has befallen over our house. Sickness has made it's not-so-grand entrance again and taken hold of the youngest humans. The boys started sneezing Wednesday but I didn't even think twice about it since we live in allergy-ridden Texas. Unfortunately I should have taken head because the boys both woke up with coughs and one faucet nose and one clogged nose. Oh and did I say "woke up?" Maybe I should clarify: I woke up to that. Tyson never really slept. He was awake from 12-5 am Thursday morning because he couldn't breathe well.

Medicine was tried but quickly spilled over, spit out or sneezed out. I then brought him into the living room to let him calm down while watching some tv. I took him to bed with me. (Let me just say that I have no idea how parents who sleep with their kids do it. It was horrible for me. If Tyson wasn't kicking me in the legs, stomach or face, he was tossing about in such a motion that all the sheets ended up on the floor and the dogs ended up on the bed to investigate the party going on, leaving Stuart naked, cold and still sleeping on the far side of the bed.) I took him back to his bed. I ended up sleeping on the floor of his room.

They were pretty puny.

An even worse monster has been rearing it's ugly head all week-heat. Not just it's-a-bit-hot-and-I-wish-I-were-inside-heat, but HOLYMOLYIAMGOINGTOMELTTODEATHTHEMINUTEIWALKOUTOFTHISHOUSE heat.
And apparently our A/C also has it in for us. Thanks to a frozen evaporator coil, air was not getting into our house and so the temperature was not-so-slowly rising.

I know what you're thinking. Come on Clarissa, put on your big girl panties and deal with it. Trust me, I did. I yelled and whined and kicked things. I thought I handled this situation remarkably well. My therapist, not so much. Just kidding, I haven't talked to my therapist about the h-e-double hockey stick that we went thru for a couple of hours till the block of ice melted. I mean, we did have to turn the A/C off and run every fan in the house to make it feel like an island paradise. And I by no means threatened to go to Walmart just to get out of the heat inside our house. I also didn't eat two ice cream cones during this time to cool myself down.

On a good note, my electric company must love me and think just like I do. They provide a graph on every bill to show a visual of our electric use. So that's where my $191.87 is going to this month.
I just love a good graph.

1 comments:

Jennifer W said...

I feel you. Last year when our AC went out it got up to 88 degrees in our house. Really great for an infant who can't control her ability to cool off. I hope you are getting some air by now!